Enable / Disable Slideshow

Get help with installation and running Pigalle picture gallery here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, Development Team

Enable / Disable Slideshow

Postby Thur on Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:01 am

Hi guys,

first of all I would like to congratulate you on a massive program you've build here. It's simply awesome.

I've started on modifying the lay-out in order to fit it into my webpage and i've come across a challenge.

I don't really like the Slideshow option in my album, so I would like to disable this function. Can any of you guys help me out on this one?

Help would be very much appreciated :wink:

Thanks in advance,

Thur
Thur

Postby rfi on Tue May 09, 2006 4:47 pm

Hi from Berlin/Germany.

This is an important issue and I see, there hasn't been any reply to this question !?!

It's impossible to use the Slideshow at this time and there's a lot of confusion by those who try to run it.

Looks like the Slideshow will load all images first...several MByte... The computer got stuck and the user disappointed...
(Using mySQL and GD)

PLEASE... I don't like to search all files for the word "slideshow".

Who can help on this and let us know, where to remove the slideshow feature.
Thanks
Grüße - Regards - Lembranças
rfi

Postby rfi on Wed May 10, 2006 10:59 pm

Well, like we say in Germany "Hilf dir selbst, sonst hilft dir keiner" here we go using a quick and dirty solution to remove the Slideshow option:

Look at:
/templates/default
Open "cont_overview.tpl.html" using an editor like "Proton" or at least Windows Notepad. (Right mouse click , open with...)
Look at line 39 and remove "{SLIDESHOW_LINK}"

This is very dirty, but it simply removes the link "Full Screen Slideshow" from the Album main page.

But... If you open a picture there's still a "Slideshow" link...
I'm still searching for this one....
I would prefer and appreciate to set an option "Slideshow available" in the settings.
Grüße - Regards - Lembranças
rfi

Return to Pigalle Support