How to remove "cache" folder ?!

Get help with installation and running Pigalle picture gallery here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, Development Team

How to remove "cache" folder ?!

Postby rfi on Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:40 pm

Hi from Berlin/Germany.

My Pigalle Album did work fine several months, but now I have deleted the "mySQL" Database. Has been an error by myself, but it has been deleted.

OK, After that, I decided to go around and start everything again.

I've been downlading all content of the "albums" folder, which contains my different photo-folder.

I was trying to delete Pigalle completely to set up everything new from scratch, but there's one folder "cache", who contains smaller versions of my photos, who can't be deleted.
All photos therein do have permissions "644" and I can't set them to "777" cause I'm not the owner...on my own webspace...
The owner is listed as "Apache"

Anyone got any idea of how to remove the "cache" folder completely?
Grüße - Regards - Lembranças
rfi

Postby sdjl on Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:08 am

If you have access to SSH you could try the following from the folder which contains the cache folder:

rm -Rf cache

Be careful when running this command as it will permanently delete the folder without warning.
Failing that, you may have to ask your host to remove it for you.

David
sdjl

Postby rfi on Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:47 am

Thank you, David.

I've had to ask the guys of my webhosting company for help and got support to remove that folder.

Album is back online at: www.ralf1963.de/album

But I'm in trouble with this "Cache" Folder on two other Album too and don't like to call the support everytime I like to remove an Album...

Who is doing this "644" setting to those files. I can't remove or rename those files on my own webspace 'cause Pigalle or GD is applying those rights...and worst thing: The user isn't me but "Apache".

Is there any further work on Pigalle? Haven't seen anything since half a Year?
Grüße - Regards - Lembranças
rfi

Postby sdjl on Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:06 pm

The cache folder will be created by the user "Apache" as this is the username that Apache runs under on your server.
You could write a small PHP script to remove the files/folder, which might work as it would be running as the same user.

I've no idea on the development status of any of the software here at PHPPee. I'm just the forum moderator :)

David
sdjl

Return to Pigalle Support