Preferred language is English

Read me first before posting anywhere!

Moderators: Moderator Team, Development Team

Should there be a special forum for German speaking users?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:13 pm

Ja, bitte!
56%
No thanks!
44%

Total votes : 9

Preferred language is English

Postby pipo on Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:13 pm

During the last two years a lot of people were complaining about the increasing number of German posts on this board. I'd like to remember you that the preferred language is English. I don't want to force all of you to take a language course and I'm not angry if there's some German from time to time. Just, I'd like you to respect the huge amount of English speaking people who don't get a word of your language.
Also, we don't want to solve each problem twice, just because some people do not understand anything.
Right, my mother tongue too is German. And me not either, I do speak perfect English. But still, it makes things easier if everybody in here tries to follow these rules. So, if you know some words in English, give it a try. No one will blame you about your crippled sentences!
I hope you're not going to blame me neither!

thanks for understanding
Philip Iezzi - Development Team Leader, phpee.com
PHPee.com | Downloads | PPhlogger
hosted by Onlime Webhosting
pipo
Site Admin

Postby Fusion on Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:28 pm

For the record, I voted yes to the creation of a specialized German forum.
Why? Well, I know those whose mother tnngue is German may feel very awkward using English, and the old Phorum forum was, if I'm not mistaken, started on a whim and targeted the local region first, being a hobby project of Philip. A separate forum may put people more at ease, although it may make moderation harder.

That said, no one will think less of you if you don't speak and write excellent English, so I hope we'll see you all post in the general sections, but I totally understand the desire to do it in German.
Toddler from Hell
Fusion

Postby zenanthor on Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:22 am

Im one of those annoyed by German posts. Creating a German language forum would be a perfect solution to this.
MasterOfTheWeb.org
Webmaster Community
zenanthor

Return to Announcements