PHPee.com PHP development forum
I'm getting multiple hits from the same visitor session

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chellyville

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: I'm getting multiple hits from the same visitor session Reply with quote
Hi. I'm not sure if this would fit into this forum or the support one, but here's my prblem (I hope it makes sense): When I was hosted on supersonicsquirrel.net I was using PPhlogger and it was working fine. However I recently bought a domain at chellyville.com and installed PPhlogger. The thing is that I've been getting 100s of hits daily when before it was only about 20-30 per day. I checked my logs to see if something was wrong and I found out that PPhlogger has been recording mutiple hits from the same visitor's session, as in for every page that a certain visitor sees the counter records it as another hit. I've been searching for a button that only enables true counts for each visitor but have yet to find one. Below is a screen shot of my logs showing the same IP numberous times. I hope someone can help me fix this small glitch.

-Chelly
chellyville.com
sdjl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well the AOL one is understandable. They use a complex network of proxy servers to share webpages with their users. It kind of makes it a little hard to tell if its a new user or if its part of the same session!

The other one, doesn't look that suspiscious. If you look at the timings inbetween, it's quite large. However, the Host / IP part looks identical, so i'm going to assume somethings wrong.

Can you post the code that you are using to log your site please.

David
chellyville

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have no idea why the first few days it was like that, but it's working now, actually. Here's the code I'm using:

Code:

right now

tourists since
Fri., July 02 '04

this month and

since midnight PST

sdjl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I shall move this post to the support forums Smile

Have you removed the
psfrog

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Re:I'm getting multiple hits from the same visitor session Reply with quote
Or maybe this is simular to my problem a while agoo.
http://forum.phpee.com/viewtopic.php?t=2807
I changed some lines and it worked great again. (Now I've changed host again, and the original script works at that host - so i guess it was something in the hostings server settings.)
Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    phpee.com Forum Index -> PPhlogger Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1