PHPee.com PHP development forum
Three questions Please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TeamCali

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Three questions Please Reply with quote
Before starting I would like to say that I Think that your program rocks.

1. I would like to know if it is possible to call pphlogger.js from a php file in my html. We are submiting pages and they are being rejected because they have java scrpt in them. What I would like to try is in the html document have Count.php and have count.php call the pphlogger.js

2 We have several host. I would like to host pages on one server but have them recorded on anohter. I have tried absolute paths for pphlogger.js but get no results what so ever. Is this possible.

3. I have several domains on on server and would like to use one user of pplogger to track the html pages on several domains. How can I do this.

Many thanks in advance for all of your help.

Bob Raley

Bye the way did I tell you that this program rocks
sdjl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
1) The PHP / JS combination of pphlogger does that essentially. Its all noted in the manual: http://pphlogger.phpee.com/doc.html

2) Yes, that is possible. You just need to upload your pphlogger.js file to the other server where all the files are located. You then need to apply all of the pphlogger code to the pages on that alternate server referencing the pphlogger.js file that you uploaded.

3) Add the code to the pages you want on all of your domains. Then add the domains under your profile. It should log all of those domains then.

David
TeamCali

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
sdjl wrote:
1) The PHP / JS combination of pphlogger does that essentially. Its all noted in the manual: http://pphlogger.phpee.com/doc.html

2) Yes, that is possible. You just need to upload your pphlogger.js file to the other server where all the files are located. You then need to apply all of the pphlogger code to the pages on that alternate server referencing the pphlogger.js file that you uploaded.

3) Add the code to the pages you want on all of your domains. Then add the domains under your profile. It should log all of those domains then.

David

Thanks for the help David.
1.) So what I understand is to change the code in the manual into count.php and then call count.php from my html file. Our servers do parse html like php.

2.) Sorry I did not explain correctly. The other serves do not run js or I do not have access to the otherservers. We bundle pages in zip and send them off. I guess what i Really want is to have a third part call.

3.) Do you mean where is says "URL to your main index-file.
If you got alternate URLs enter them each on a new line:"

Does this mean that I can creat a new use account and mix two domains together. If that is so wow cool.

Thanks for helping me out old man.

Cheers

Bob
sdjl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
1) Try it.

2) No. You need to have the access for it to work. You could bundle the pphlogger.js file with the other HTML files and reference that.

3) That is correct, yes.

David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    phpee.com Forum Index -> PPhlogger Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1