PHPee.com PHP development forum
MySQL support is not available in this PHP configuration!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    phpee.com Forum Index -> PPhlogger Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
javarules

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: MySQL support is not available in this PHP configuration! Reply with quote
I am getting "MySQL support is not available in this PHP configuration!" HTML output message when navigating to the script setup file ../admin/setup.php

I am a 1800Hosting.com user and MySQL is definitely supported. I have used phpMyAdmin to verify the existing of the database as well as the user name and password. 1800Hosting also assures me I am pointint to the correct SQL server which is entered as follows in the config.inc.php file:

define('PPHL_DB_HOST' , 'mysql.800hosting.com'); // MySQL server hostname

Sorry to be such a novice, but can someone point me in the right direction, please.
sdjl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try using localhost as your server hostname.

David
javarules

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: localhost results in same message Reply with quote
first off, thanks for your reply

having run an automatic mysql db creation script before on this same hosting service (a great one, I should add), I learned that there is a dedicated MySQL server, and that the value entered worked for that script

anyway, i tried your suggestion and got the same message. really don't want to start studying this code so if you or anyone else has any suggestions, I would be most grateful.
javarules

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: cannot connect to remote sql server Reply with quote
THE CODE IS EXECUTING:

if(!function_exists(mysql_connect)) die('MySQL support is not available in this PHP configuration!');

but is unable to connect to the remote MySQL server. I've had this problem with other automated scripts when trying to connect to a remote sql server. Any ideas?
javarules

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I EXTRACTED THE OFFENDING LINE OF CODE FROM CONFIG FILE:

if (function_exists('mysql_connect')) {
echo("true");
} else {
echo("FALSE");
}

?>

IT RETURNS FALSE. OBVIOUSLY THIS IS A REMOTE SQL SERVER PROBLEM. IF I DELETE THIS LINE OF CODE, THE SETUP PAGE GOES BLANK. WORKING WITH MY HOSTING SERVICE, BUT STILL IN NEED OF HELP.
javarules

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: pphlogger script not the problem Reply with quote
WELL SINCE I AM TRYING TO USE THIS SCRIPT FOR THE FIRST TIME, I AM GLAD TO REPORT THAT THIS CHECK WAS EXACTLY WHAT THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING TO DETERMINE IF MYSQL SUPPORT WAS ENABLED WITHIN PHP. FOR WHATEVER REASON (DOUBTLESS RELATED TO THE FACT THAT THE HOSTING SERVICE USES A REMOTE SQL SERVER), IT WAS NOT ON THIS SERVER.

IN SHORT, THIS WAS A SERVER CONFIGURATION PROBLEM, AS THE ERROR MESSAGE CORRECTLY INDICATED.
sdjl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks like you got the caps key stuck there.. Wink

The error message is there for a reason and normally isn't wrong.
Glad you got it all working.

David
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    phpee.com Forum Index -> PPhlogger Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1