PHPee.com PHP development forum
Add Safari to recognised browsers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harold

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: Add Safari to recognised browsers Reply with quote
To add the new Apple browser Safari to the recognised browsers list add the following to /pphlogger/libraries/yabd.lib.php:

In $arr_brows add the following line:
'Safari' => 'Safari',

I put it under the iCab listing.

In function extract_agent($AGT) add the following line:
else if(eregi("Safari/48",$AGT,$st_regs)) {$st_brows = "Safari"; $st_ver = '1';}

Again I added it under the iCab listing.

I have added my version of the file if you don't feel like editing it yourself.
Harold

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Add Safari to recognised browsers Reply with quote
It looks like Apple is already releasing modified versions, to pick these up I have modified the script a little.

Change the line:
else if(eregi("Safari/48",$AGT,$st_regs)) {$st_brows = "Safari"; $st_ver = '1';}

to:
else if(eregi("Safari/([0-9]{1,2})",$AGT,$st_regs)) {$st_brows = "Safari"; $st_ver = '1';}

Here's hoping Apple will stay consistent with their user-agent string and give us some way to identify what version people are running when the program is out of beta.
AgentElrond

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Safari detection/logging Reply with quote
Here's what I'm using, which seems to work okay:
Code:
$arr_brows = Array (
   'Safari'   => 'Safari',
   else if(eregi("(Safari)/([0-9]{1,3}.[0-9]{1,2})",$agt,$st_regs))        {$st_brows = "Safari";  $fl_ver = $st_regs[2];}

Post new topic   Reply to topic    phpee.com Forum Index -> PPhlogger Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1