PHPee.com PHP development forum
CSS solution / Geotracking suggestion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smartboyinuk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: CSS solution / Geotracking suggestion Reply with quote
Hi all,

I noticed that several people have been having the CSS layout problem. i.e. the page is displaying in simple text with white background. When you refresh the page - the css and formatting is displayed.

Solution: You will have to limit your stylesheet to one single css file.
1. Refresh the page so that the page displays with proper formatting and colors.
2. Save the page on your desktop.
3. In the folder saved on your desktop, you will find a get_css.css file.
4. Rename this file to "myphpeestyle.css".
5. Upload it to css folder on your webserver.
6. Open the header.php file and change the following code

TO

This will solve your problems!

I have a suggestion to make :
Powerlogger cannot accurately(roughly 10%) determine the geographical location of visitors. I came across www.maxmind.com which offers a database of ip addresses and API's in various languages under gpl licence. I was wondering if somebody can integrate this with powerlogger.

Your comments please. Thanks for your time.
pipo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: CSS solution / Geotracking suggestion Reply with quote
hi

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

> > type="text/css" />
>
> This will solve your problems!

This is no solution to the problem but of course a good work-around for those who don't need all those dynamic CSS styles...

> I have a suggestion to make :
> Powerlogger cannot accurately(roughly 10%) determine the
> geographical location of visitors. I came across
> www.maxmind.com which offers a database of ip addresses and
> API's in various languages under gpl licence. I was wondering
> if somebody can integrate this with powerlogger.

Great! Thanks for that hint.
I'm putting this on my TODO-list for PPhlogger3 and pretty sure I'm going to implement a modified version of the pure PHP-module of GeoIP. Still, as I'm not working anymore on any PPhlogger 2.x versions, you will need to wait till late summer 2003 when PPhlogger3 is going to be released.

thanks for your help
take care

[%sig%]
smartboyinuk

";

Add the following just after $resolution

" . geoip_country_name_by_addr($gi, "$ip") . "

6. Upload the modified loglist.inc.php to the include folder.
7. Now you will be able to see the country names just below the resolution displayed for every log entry.

HTH

SmartBoyinUK
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: CSS solution / Geotracking suggestion Reply with quote
Dear Philip,

First let me congratulate you on such a nice piece of software!

I got around to including the maxmind database working with powerlogger on the fly(may need to incorporate this into the database and then calculate the hits from that particular country).

The steps are shown below Smile Please note that I am not an excellent php coder, just a juggler with code. And this may not be a very efficient way of including this functionality and would need to be looked further into.

1. Get 3 files from www.maxmind.com - GeoIP.dat, geoip.inc & GeoIPOrg.csv(this may not be required - but still get it now for the time being)
2. Upload these 3 files into the "include" directory of powerlogger(for me - powerlogger/include) - GeoIP.dat may need to be uploaded in ascii format(i used auto detect in WS_ftp).
3. download loglist.inc.php(from include folder - make a copy of your original file - incase you need to revert the changes)
4. At the top of your file(just after - // $Id: loglist.inc.php,v 1.26 2002/07/18 08:21:22 cvs_iezzi Exp $) add the following code:

include("{full path to your server}/{powerlogger folder}/include/geoip.inc");

$gi = geoip_open("{full path to your server}/{powerlogger folder}/include/GeoIP.dat",GEOIP_STANDARD);

Replace {full path to your server} with the actual path and {powerlogger folder} with the actual name of your powerlogger folder.

5. Also make following changes to loglist.inc.php file

Find
if ($extended) echo "
$resolution $colors
V@no

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: CSS solution / Geotracking suggestion Reply with quote
smartboyinuk wrote:
1. Get 3 files from www.maxmind.com - GeoIP.dat, geoip.inc & GeoIPOrg.csv(this may not be required - but still get it now for the time being)
I must be blind, but where exactly are these files? I mean I found some database in CVS format, but I belive its not it...
Page 1 of 1