PHPee.com PHP development forum
Advanced sorting with url parameter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    phpee.com Forum Index -> Phlogger3 feature requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steffen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Advanced sorting with url parameter Reply with quote
Hi,

in an attempt to make this great program even better Wink I'd like to post a problem I just came across:

I have a multi-language site with the "lang="-variable as a language trigger in the url. It would be now interesting for me to know the page hits/paths sorted according to the language.

So, as a quick solution that came into my mind, I'd insert this in the multi-page table, with columns for the page itself and some selected parameters.

like e.g.: multi-page | param1 | param2 | hits | since

Hope this could be also of some value for others.

cheers
Steffen
jman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would LOVE this capability for another reason: tracking ad clicks. When using AdWords or Overture, you can specify URL parameters for each keyword or ad. It would be very nice to know which ads generate traffic to which pages (e.g. my "contact us" or shopping cart pages).

In a relatively simple implementation, being able to specify what URL parameter to store and what page to store it for would be immensely useful. With a bit more work, making it show paths for a particular URL parameter...now that'd really be nice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    phpee.com Forum Index -> Phlogger3 feature requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1