PHPee.com PHP development forum
Counting me even tho I selected not to

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reenee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 5:02 am    Post subject: Counting me even tho I selected not to Reply with quote
Hi there. Been making a lot of revisions on my site and tried to disable counting my own visits from the logs, but it doesn't work. I've tried several times to change it, but if just keeps counting me anyway. Any suggestions?

(Running verssion 2.2.2a)
pipo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Counting me even tho I selected not to Reply with quote
you're using IE6, right?
Default security settings of IE6 don't accept any cookies from any foreign site.
You might want to read the following thread and search the forum for "p3p":

Also, have a look at W3C:

I cannot promise, if P3P will ever be built into PPhlogger. For sure it will not be included in any 2.x.x versions. I'm thinking about implementing it in PPhlogger3, but no plans so far about this.

[%sig%]
Reenee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Counting me even tho I selected not to Reply with quote
Yes, I'm using IE 6, but I have my security settings set to trust my own site, reenee.net.
JJ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Counting me even tho I selected not to Reply with quote
It's in the "Privacy" tab of Internet Options... have you had a look at the settings in there?
Reenee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Counting me even tho I selected not to Reply with quote
Yes, both privacy and security tabs were revised in my attempts to resolve this problem.

Even though I selected to trust content in security tab area, and third party cookies on prompt in privacy tab area, as well as accessing the advanced area of the status bar privacy icon, adding both my site's and phpee's site cookies to be allowed, discovered both continue to be blocked no matter what I do.

Since I'm doing so much site revision work currently, it is a real pain to continually have to delete my own IP entries from the logs. But after reviewing additional info about P3P - an issue I cannot devote time to try to put that in place at the moment, I have therefore basically resigned myself to living with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    phpee.com Forum Index -> PPhlogger Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1