PHPee.com PHP development forum
Visitor paths not being logged correctly in Safari (Mac)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    phpee.com Forum Index -> PPhlogger bug reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ilovegravy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Visitor paths not being logged correctly in Safari (Mac) Reply with quote
Hello again,

This is similar to my bug report about Mac IE not logging vistor paths correctly, but this time it's about Apple's Safari browser.

Like the Mac IE problem, it would log hits for other html pages as hits for the index file. Although, to make things even weirder, once in awhile, it would log visitor paths to other html pages, but it was very rare.
Unlike Mac IE, however, the problem isn't just with it logging different html pages as the index page, but also not recording hits altogether. Sometimes it would record hits, sometimes it wouldn't. (I'm pretty sure it didn't have to do with the amount of time I spent on the page, because I'd leave it there for a minute or two sometimes, and the hit count would not change, but then other times it would immediately go up as soon as the page loaded)

Just like the Mac IE situation, I think it's a problem with the browser, because I tried testing it out on Windows IE, and it logged the visitor paths perfectly fine.

If you need me to elaborate on anything, please let me know.
Aro

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also Safari isn't listed as a browser (or at least not for me).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    phpee.com Forum Index -> PPhlogger bug reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1